2017-2018 STUDENT & FACULTY ACHIEVEMENTS
The administration at Family Christian Academy would like to thank each of you for allowing us to play a vital role in your child’s education and development. The 2017-2018 school year was filled with many accomplishments, and we would like to draw your attention to some of our student and faculty achievements from the 2017-2018 school year:
FCA administration and staff is already looking forward to further improving your son or daughter’s high-quality Christian education with the following additions and changes for the 2018-2019 school year:
- FCA began offering a variety of clubs for students to participate in.
- Math and Science Club, Bible Club, Yearbook Club, Chess Club, and Quiz Bowl
- FCA introduced Honors Courses in Mathematics and Science.
- Allows students to receive five “quality points” rather than four.
- FCA served as a state/district testing site during the spring semester.
- All Dual Enrollment (DE) Students in College Algebra and College Trigonometry (up to 6 hours college credit) finished with an “A” or a “B.”
- FCA’s average score was in excess of 10 points higher than college students taking the same exact classes on LSU’s campus.
- The top 60% of students from FCA that took the ACT in 2018 scored an average of 26 composite.
- This qualifies these students for TOPS and places them seven points above the state average.
- One of our students earned a school record-setting 32 composite on the ACT.
- Seven students placed at District Literary Rally.
- Advanced Math, Calculus I, and Spanish I (First Place)
- English II, Physical Science, Physics, World History (Second Place)
- Three students placed at State Literary Rally.
- Physics and Calculus I (First Place)
- Advanced Math (Third Place)
In addition to these new academic opportunities and to provide your child the most well-rounded education possible, Family Christian Academy will continue its tradition of success in the sports programs. In the 2017-2018 school year, FCA had 20 all-district selections (13 First team, 5 Second Team, and 2 Honorable mention), 2 All-State selections, 4 Academic All-State selections, 4 State Quarterfinal appearances, 1 State Tournament appearance, and 2 State Qualifiers in track and field. FCA indeed offers the opportunity for your child to both experience the comradery that a successful sports program provides and secure a high-quality education which the future demands.
- FCA will offer accelerated reading for elementary and middle school students.
- FCA has hired a new faculty member who specializes in the lower high school sciences: Physical Science, Chemistry, Biology, and Biology II.
- FCA is expanding its Honors Curriculum to include more subject areas:
English IV, Chemistry, Calculus I & II, Physics I & II, Chemistry, Geometry
- FCA is expanding DE offerings through LSU and BRCC to include up to 12 hours of English Courses, an additional 5 hours of mathematics (Calculus I), and 6 hours of Physics for a total of 29 college credit hours possible at high school graduation.
- FCA will serve as a testing site for the ACT both during the fall semester and during the spring semester.
To address the demands of the highly competitive work force of our current culture, FCA offers a cutting edge Television Production Communications course that allows a student to Internship in the world of Media/TV at Sonlife Broadcasting Network. The course is taught by an instructor with experience at our local WAFB and LPB stations.
New this year to FCA: Drivers Education will be offered in the spring of 2019.
With highly-qualified educators, low student-to-teacher ratios, competitive tuition, and a wide variety of extracurricular activities, we believe your son or daughter will be given every tool necessary to carve out a successful future following graduation at Family Christian Academy. As we continue to grow as a school, we will leverage each opportunity to ensure that we are the best possible education for your children. We sincerely hope that you will continue to entrust your son or daughter’s future to us.